Have you heard the buzz about pollinators? In honor of National Pollinator Week, join Lowcountry Land Trust, The Bee Cause Project, Tri-County Master Gardeners, Roots & Shoots, and Mount Pleasant Waterworks for a day at the Marsh View Trail pollinator garden. Friends, family, gloves, and tools are welcome as we work to spruce up the garden while learning about the many benefits of pollinators and the native plants that attract them. This is a family-friendly, free palooza! We kindly request advance registration: https://give.lowcountrylandtrust.org/pollinatorpalooza
Event Features & Things To Do:
– Learn about the native plants and gardening practices that support local pollinators;
– Get your hands dirty while tending to the pollinator garden and planting natives donated by Roots & Shoots. They will also have native plants for sale;
– Alongside Mount Pleasant Waterworks, discuss the importance of water quality and runoff, spend time crafting by repurposing bottle caps to make pollinator magnets, and learn how to use the right amount of water for your lawn with the tuna can trick;
– Bring three cups of dry soil from your garden, and Tri-County Master Gardeners will send it to be tested to determine which plants grow best in your yard; and
– Enjoy pollinator-themed activities such as creating wildflower seed balls and tasting honey, thanks to The Bee Cause Project!